TITHAKA TITHAKA Specialized In Student Visa and Translation +855 10 63 63 00 contact@tithaka.com
By : Tithaka Team
On : 2020-05-15 13:41:02

Cambodia is offered with many schemes of scholarships because it is still a developing country. When there are plenty of scholarship opportunities available for Cambodian students, there are heating competitions from many candidates who want to study abroad for free or reduced tuition fees. To be head on the competitions, students should get prepared to translate or seek translation services for the following documents.

1.    Official Certificate: The official certificates are some certificates that you get for degrees such as diploma when you want to continue and earn a Bachelor’s degree abroad. It can also be your associate’s degree certificate or bachelor’s degree certificate for those of you who want to study a Master’s degree, as well.


2.   Transcript: Transcripts are often scoring reports for a university level. This is very special for Cambodian students who want to continue for a Master’s degree abroad. A transcript works the same way as a school-record book because it records your performance from semester to semester.



3.    School-Record Book: School-record books are books that record your academic performance over the years. Those school-record books are often from primary school to higher secondary school record all your performances so that committees abroad can see whether you perform better or worse.


4.     Attitude Affirmation Letter: This is a letter to prove that your personality is of good behavior so that you can study at high-schools or universities abroad. The letter is often authorized by chiefs of your villages. We know you have a point to contact them when they can often offer you those letters in the Khmer.


5.     Criminal Record No.3: They are records whether you used to do any illegal acts and recorded by the law enforcement authorities or not. They are often those records authorized by the Ministry of Justice.


6.     Appreciation Letter: This increases your chances of being selected for scholarships because you get many letters from school or university boards that appreciate your academic performance. It proves those students outsmart other people in classes or schools, and this is a must-translate document for you.


7.     Academic Certificate: Academic certificates are different from official certificates because you can only have one official certificate for a diploma. Meanwhile, you can have only one certificate for a Bachelor’s degree. Regardless, the academic certificates can be a lot such as certificates that you graduate from certain levels of English classes and more. Although, these certificates are often in English; there can be cases that schools certify those certificates in the Khmer that you need to translate.


8.     Birth Certificate: Birth Certificate is similar to a National Identification Card. However, you get birth certificates a few weeks or months after you are born, and it is often for those of you who are below 18 or even 16 years old. Some schools or universities ask for both when some of you who want to study high-schools abroad can be below 16 years old, which is not yet eligible to apply for national identification cards.


9.     National ID Card: National Identification Cards are those cards that identify yourselves of citizens of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Many of us start to register for national ID cards when you are 15 or 16. This is another document you should be prepared to translate or get a translation service.


10.  Residence Book: It is a bit tricky between a Family Record Book and a Residence Book because you can share the same names with both recording books. However, they are different because residence books prove your residency, and your parents or you need to make and register for new ones when you change or move your residences.


11.  Family Record Book: Family Record Books are some books to identify your family members. When you don’t have partners or spouses yet, you are often identified with families which your parents are the leads of your families. Regardless, you can have your own family record books when you are legally married to someone.


What Should You Get from the Article?

In the article, you know early on what types of documents you should translate into English or seek translation service. There are around nine documents that you should get translated ranging from official certificates to family record books. These documents are often authorized in only the Khmer language by some Cambodian authorities such as the ministry of education, justice ministry and more, so there is no doubt that you can need a travel consultant or a translation service.

When you can translate those documents by yourselves, the quality can be limited. As a result, you can seek translation services from Tithaka Visa & Translation which is a translation agency with outstanding customer support for you, at the 9th Floor, B-Ray Tower, Preah Norodom Blvd, Tonle Bassak Commune, Chamkamorn District, Phnom Penh (map here) or call 010 63 63 00 / 089 99 90 14. The agent’s Facebook page is https://web.facebook.com/TithakaCambodia/.